Monday, July 26, 2010

I DID IT...My first dress



Whether its learning to read, ride a bike or crack an egg to make brownies, my four year old son screams "I DID IT" with such happiness and pride every time he masters the task. That is how I felt after completing my very first complete sewing project.

The dress is a salwar kameez, which is essentially a tunic with pants. I searched high and low for a pattern but could not find one,then I found a tutorial on Youtube for the salwar(pants). I made the top by borrowing one of my niece's dresses from my sister and cut out the fabric to size.

The sewing on the dress is not perfect yet, I did not have matching thread and I had major trouble getting the upper thread tension just right to sew on the machine, but in the end I wanted to finish the project and I just did it.

1 comment: