Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thomas the tank engine night dress





My son is a fan of Thomas & friends. All of his stuff is from the Thomas & friends line. The only problem was that I could find only find Thomas sleepwear for him in flannel and he found it uncomfortable to wear it to bed during summmer. So I promised him that I would sew one in cotton, that he could wear to bed during the warm summer nights(little did I know how much time and effort it would take to complete this task). But finally it is done now and my son couldn't be any more happier.


The pattern was a newlook pattern for kids. I wanted to embellish his shirt somehow so I used the feather stich to topstitch the neck and sleeves. Also I skipped the drawstring for the pants and used the tunnel method to attach elastic. Overall it was a fun and satisfying project.

Finally a BIG thank you to my mom and my husband for taking care of the kids and housework so that I could finish this project.

Happy sewing

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I am sure Farru loved his dress, Good luck and happy sewing !

    ReplyDelete